4/11/11

Marc Lottering: Uncut


27/07/2009
RYNO ELLIS


Recently, at the official opening of Pretoria’s OUT prism gay/lesbian leisure center, Perdeby spoke to the hilarious guest speaker, Marc Lottering. The famous comedian flew over especially to open the leisure center. This is where Perdeby then had the opportunity to asked him a few informal questions:

What is to most lame joke you have ever told?
I do not tell any lame jokes, it is the crowd that just, from time to time, does not get my humour (smiles).

Were you a student and what did you study?
Yes, I started out studying LLB at UCT - sjoe it is hard!- and after six years of not getting my degree, my lecturer politely requested me to please consider changing courses. I then finished with a BA Law degree. You didn’t think this comedian has a Law degree now did you?

Are you in a relationship?
Ja, al vir 12 jaar. Die Here praat hard met my. (Laughs)

Being a Cape Townian, what’s your opinion on Helen Zille?
I LOVE Helen! She is a very strong woman who gets things done. She makes me proud of being a Cape Townian.

What was your most awkward audience you’ve had to perform for?
I performed for a crowd in the Civic Theatre in Joburg. It wasn’t until 40 minutes into the show that someone told me that the crowd, who was frowning the whole time, had been ushered into the wrong venue. They were suppose to be watching Aladdin. They must have thought this is the snaakste genie ever.

Have you ever written a car off?
Ja, drie jong. It was after I got my degree and I went a little bit crazy with ‘dop’ and after the third car I crashed I realised it was time to stop. Die Here praat hard hoor.

Do you have any fun travelling story?
Yes, I once was on my way overseas and was sitting in business class; where one has to immediately fi ght for arm space; and this very technologically advanced guy next to me kept asking me if “I could do this” while doing fancy things on his expensive laptop. When the air stewardess walked by she recognized me and insisted that I come and sit in fi rst class. This is when I stadig got up, swaaied my gat past the technology wiz guy then turned around dramatically and said, “Can you do this...?”

Your opinion on the ANC ?
Jong, I’m very happy. My Nando’s consumption has now risen. And I LOVE Nando’s.

What do you do when people don’t laugh at a joke?
From years of experience as a comedian, you know when a joke fl ops when the crowd does not react but it is then crucial to immediately move on to the next joke. Avoid those awkward silences at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment